As the commercial landscape evolves, so do the legal challenges faced by businesses today. That’s why it’s more important than ever to partner with a “different breed” of law firm – one that’s continually evolving along with the landscape, and brings the necessary “real-world experience” to intuitively understand and resolve your issues with an eye on your objectives and bottom-line.
For 40 years, Tharpe & Howell, LLP has effectively and innovatively assisted small and mid-size businesses with all of their legal needs. Drawing upon hands-on experience with executives solving day-to-day problems in the business world, our attorneys quickly understand how each transaction or claim impacts your business operations. We design and implement strategies to effectively handle each matter to achieve your business objectives. Our attorneys bring significant experience and expertise to a broad range of transactional activities including:
- Business development, maintenance, and dissolution.
- Product and servicing agreements.
- Sales, distribution and marketing.
- Business disputes.
- IP protection.
- Employment and labor law.
And when it comes to litigation, we approach each case as if it’s our own dollars, business and reputation at stake. Based on your needs, opportunities and objectives, we analyze the potential impact of each matter, the various problem-solving alternatives, and the economics of litigation to insure the right business decision is made. We work closely with our clients to determine if a particular contract or business tort matter is best handled through amicable resolution or litigation. Either way, we create cost effective strategies to accomplish our client’s goals.
- Working with clients to identify IP rights and assets, as well as to assess current protection status. Then, designing cost-effective strategies to obtain and enforce maximum protection.
- Helping to insure the products or services our clients sell, and the manner in which they sell them, does not infringe on the IP rights of others. When claims do arise, helping value the client’s IP assets and impact on the bottom-line to determine the best means of resolving the claims.
- Aggressively and efficiently defending copyright, trademark, trade-dress, and unfair competition actions.
- Helping to identify and maximize licensing opportunities while avoiding potential pitfalls. Also, crafting agreements to ensure our clients obtain what they bargained for, while avoiding future disputes.
- Working with individuals, businesses and insurance companies to identify coverage for pending claims, including those based on Advertising Injury Endorsements and insurer’s defense and indemnity participation.