The relationship between employers and employees is more complicated than ever. Employers must navigate and adhere to often overlapping and even conflicting state and federal laws – such as the Americans With Disabilities Act, overtime laws and anti-discrimination statutes – while maintaining a productive and motivated work-force.
For more than 35 years, we’ve partnered with employers to successfully and cost-effectively achieve this balance. Our attorneys understand the issues from the employer’s point of view, because we’ve been there – serving companies in critical roles including Vice President, Human Resources; Vice President, Administration; Corporate Counsel; and Operations Manager.
We help our clients better understand their rights and assess their risks. And together we build winning strategies by coupling early intervention and prompt problem solving, with the implementation of sound policies, procedures and ongoing education. As a result, our clients make informed decisions and cost-effectively solve their problems when dealing with everything from a difficult employee or an out-dated handbook, to sexual harassment or discrimination complaints, wage and hour matters, and employee discipline or termination.
When claims arise, we work with our clients to develop strategic and aggressive plans for handling disputes, so we deliver successful outcomes cost-effectively, every time. We settle cases for less than you expected. And when matters proceed to trial, we have won at trial or on appeal in every case.
Among the matters we’ve handled successfully:
- Defending a national insurance company, major national trucking companies and national hotel and restaurant chains against a variety of allegations including: sexual harassment; age, gender, national origin, medical condition and religious discrimination; retaliation and whistleblowing; and actual and constructive termination.
- Won a trial for a major insurance company against its terminated 16-year agent claiming breach of contract and conversion.
- Won a jury trial for a national insurance carrier employer against its 20-year employee claiming age, gender and national origin discrimination, as well as retaliation and constructive termination.
- Obtained a defense verdict for an employer in a consolidated case involving counter-allegations of breach of contract, misappropriation of trade secrets and fraud.
- Represented the General Manager of a well-known restaurant in a Las Vegas hotel/casino in an EEOC investigation of sexual harassment allegations.
- Farmers Group, Inc.
- Hilton Hotels
- J.B Hunt Transport, Inc.
- Glen Ivy Hot Springs
- Schneider National Carriers, Inc.
- Marriott Hotels
- Bullet Freight Systems, Inc.
- California Insurance Group
- Wood Ranch restaurants.